2009/09/12

Julie and Julia Review



Got a pair of free tickets to see Julie and Julia before everyone else, peasants! lol, and was to see Julie and Julia, a true story about two women. One being a celebrity cook, the other a blogger (like me! :O), who blogs about her challenge of cooking a something like 550 recipes from the celebrities book for the year.

You follow the pair, like two stories are running at thee same time, but they aren't, one was from 50 or so years ago, the other current day (but the scenes switch like they are). Julia, played by Meryl Streep, is an amazing writer who you follow on her journey to getting her recipe book to be written (the one the blogger uses).

Meryl Streep plays her role really well and to be honest, made this film get a decent rating. She was so realistic, keeping the audience hooked to her story and in whole, the film. Julia's story is also quite different too, she being a blogger, goes through a wealth of difficulties throughout her time blogging. You watch her go through these ups and downs and is quite amazing really to think its a true story.

To be honest, I don't think that Julie and Julia is a great film for teens or anyone below 50. When I entered the cinema, it was PACKED full of old people (me feeling like the odd one out as they stared when I walked to my seat). It is a good film to watch if you are over 50, its not your Mama Mia or Grease in any sense, but you would find it much better than the average teen crap.

For me, Julie and Julia gets 3 stars. I didn't think that the film was that exciting or have any depth to make a real hit for me. It's just one of those films that when I think back to it, il go "huh? Wtf is Julie and Julia?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment